Home is not just a place, but a sanctuary where your family rests, unwinds, and spends quality time together. This space serves as the setting for a lifetime of memories, providing comfort, contentment, and refuge from a stressful and chaotic world. While there are many aspects of life we have no control over, we do have the power to create a home that evokes feelings of safety and security for our loved ones. A simple, affordable way to do this is to invest in the professional installation of high-quality security shutters.
Security shutters are durable metal shutters that are mounted above doors and windows to provide your home with security and privacy. Unlike obtrusive bars and grills that cannot be moved, these shutters roll down to provide protection and then easily retract back up into a small box when they aren’t in use, allowing doors and windows to open freely. Security shutters can be operated with a manual winder or a motorized system and are available in an array of colors and styles to coordinate with your home’s exterior.
Security Shutter Benefits
Security shutters provide a number of benefits for your home, protecting your family and providing you with peace of mind. A few of these benefits include:
- Security: The primary purpose of security shutters is to provide security for your home. Unlike regular shutters, security shutters are designed so they cannot be opened from the outside or pulled away from the frame. A door or window protected by security shutters is prevented from being reached and broken and therefore becomes impenetrable. Just seeing security shutters on a home can deter potential intruders from attempting to break in, causing them to leave in search of an easier target.
- Privacy: Security shutters prevent nosy neighbors and potential thieves from peering into your windows, especially those on the first floor facing the street. Privacy is strongly correlated with security. If people outside cannot see what’s in your home, they will be much less likely to attempt to break in and steal from you. You’ll be a lot more relaxed and comfortable knowing your home is protected from prying eyes and burglars.
- Insulation: Many security shutters are designed with foam cores, providing insulation to keep heat from entering your home in the warmer months or escaping your home in the winter. In fact, they can reduce the admission of heat by up to 90% and cold by up to 70%. Better regulation of your indoor temperature means you spend much less money on heating and cooling each year, making security shutters a wise investment not just for present comfort, but also years of savings into the future.
- Light, Noise, and Ventilation Control: Security shutters allow you to precisely manage the amount of light, noise, and airflow entering your home. You can close the shutters completely to blacken the room for an afternoon nap, keep them open to allow natural light to flood in and fully illuminate your space, or partially close them for a specific amount of light conducive to whatever activity you’re enjoying. The shutters can be adjusted for noise control, as well, which is especially useful in homes located near popular businesses or busy intersections. Security shutters can reduce outside noise by up to 60%, meaning you’ll sleep soundly no matter what’s happening outside. They also allow you to have control over your home’s ventilation, opening or closing them as much as you’d like to take advantage of the fresh breeze.
- Weather Protection: High winds, hail, and flying debris are no match for security shutters, which are impact tested and hurricane approved. Objects that would otherwise break windows or doors and cause extreme damage to your home are deflected by the shutters, keeping your family safe. If you live in an area prone to wildfires, rest assured that any flying embers will bounce harmlessly off the security shutters.
Keep your Dallas/Fort Worth home secure and your loved ones safe. Make the smart choice to invest in a custom set of security shutters. Not only do they provide security and privacy, but they offer insulation, control of light, noise, and ventilation, and protection against inclement weather. Save yourself countless hours of stress and thousands of dollars on heating and cooling with professionally installed Fort Worth security shutters.